Senior Planning and Cost Controller
On behalf of our Client, we are looking for a skilled Planning and Cost Controller with experience from similar roles in the Norwegian Oil and Gas industry
Duration: ASAP - 31.12.19
As a Planning role is responsible for coordinating the planning and scheduling of the project work activities to ensure the consistent and timely delivery of integrated planning support to the project. To prepare and distribute forecasts and plans for Projects work activities. All this in line with the Integrated Project Management System (GIP).
As a Planning role, shall work with the Contractors to ensure compliance with the Company procedure and the Project Work Breakdown Structure to ensure consistency in planning, monitoring, forecasting and reporting across the whole project.
He/she will develop the integrated project schedule to include the following main sections:
• Project management team activities
• Drilling activities
• Facilities activities
• Operations activities
• HSE and QA activities
• GIP Deliverables
• Authority reviews and approvals
• As a Cost Control role, is responsible for preparing, following up, forecasting and reporting the project budget yearly as well as against the approved AFEs, POs and Sanction budget (Gate´s approvals).
• Interface with the Finance Department for cost reporting, tax and input to financial reporting.
• Responsible for all cost issues including cost reporting and proper invoices allocation to WBS, Work Packs, POs and Cost Centers from all vendors and contractors.
• Responsible for ensuring all POs are charged to the correct cost code and following all expenditure against these.
• Completing the project forecast in BPC.
• Invoice control
• Prepare and follow up the Integrated Project Schedule.
• Follow-up all Contractors Plans and Schedules.
• Follow-up all Contractors on Schedule related questions.
• Prepare Project Performance Reports.
• Report weekly and monthly progress status to the Project Manager.
• Communicate offshore manning requirements from the project to operations and contribute to optimize the Project field schedule.
• Highlight any slippage or forecast slippage on delivery dates and their impact or potential impact on the Integrated Project Schedule.
• Highlight impact of any approved changes to the schedule as well as the changes going through the Management of Change process.
• Highlight opportunities identified from Integrated Project Schedule following progress updates. These may include resources, logic changes or a combination of both.
• Contribute with schedule information to Weekly and Monthly Project Reports.
• Prepare overall high level project schedules for purposes as basis for presentations.
• Agree Project Reporting Calendar with the Project Services Lead.
• Agree a coordinated WBS/CBS with the Project Services Lead and Risk and Cost Estimator.
• Check that all requisitions have the proper WBS, Work Pack, Cost Centre and account.
• Make sure all PO’s are in the relevant cost control systems. Also inform SCM when a PO can be closed.
• Register all VORs and VOs into the relevant cost control systems.
• Check proper cost allocation and initially approve all invoices in DFM before sending it for Contract Holder´s approval.
• Register all invoices booked in SAP into the relevant cost control systems.
• Register VOWD certified by the Contract Holders and forecast on a monthly basis in BPC within deadline set by Repsol Head Office.
• Check that hours booked in Time writing system have been registered against the correct cost center and that the correct persons are booking hours to the project.
• Make miscellaneous cost analysis versus budget with regards to monthly/YTD and ITD by budget line.
• Make cost analysis of all POs committed vs VOWD certified by the Contract Holder.
• Provide Monthly input and reporting for Dashboard.
• Call for a monthly cost meeting with the Project Responsible Engineers to go through the monthly cost and cost expected to come.
• Participate in weekly Project meetings.
• Participate in monthly contractor meetings.
• Update the monthly report and gather input from the relevant other disciplines which has input to the monthly report. Issue the monthly report when all input are completed.
• Follow up total committed cost vs AFE’s and Budgets.
• Assistance in establishing and updating budgets and work programs.
• Provide the project with the relevant cost codes when entering new GIP-phases.
Good understanding of standard Project Investment Processes / Stage Gate requirements and of Project Services activities during all phases of project development.
Project coding and control structures eg WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) and CBS (Cost Breakdown Structure).
At least 5 years experience in Project Services / Project Controls on projects in the Upstream/Downstream Oil & Gas Industry. This should include at least 3 years experience in a Project Control role.
Planning software packages, including Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project.
MS Office Packages (Word, Excel, Access PowerPoint)
Project Control Tools eg cost control (PIMS, Ecosys or similar Cost System), Dashboard Reporting and SharePoint.
Able to analyze and approach issues, with the ability to prioritize and solve problems in order to deliver results in a timely and accurate manner.
Must be adaptable and able to adjust priorities in a changing work environment.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact email@example.com
Er du klar for det neste steget i karrieren din? Hvert år hjelper vi tusenvis av personer inn i riktig jobb.
Vi er her for å hjelpe deg, enten du er jobbsøker på jakt etter ditt neste oppdrag, prosjekt eller selveste drømmejobben.
Siden 1990 har vi funnet og formidlet talenter over hele landet – og internasjonalt. Vi bemanner og rekrutterer for våre kunder innen de fleste bransjer og fagområder som engineering, elektro, offshore, finans, økonomi og regnskap, HR og personal, lager og logistikk, handel og kontor, hotell og restaurant, salg og markedsføring, IT og teknologi.
Søk på stillingen
Her finner du jobben
Har du spørsmål?
Teamleder / Senior Rekrutteringsrådgiver
Jeg hjelper deg gjerne. Ring meg på eller send en e-post, så hører du fra meg snart.